People becoming more familiar with your personal brand automatically increases their chances of hiring you. What’s more, you’re far more likely to attract additional coverage by focusing on growing your personal brand. Put these easy personal branding strategies to work to start building your brand right now.
You might already be an expert, but to boost your personal brand, you need to establish yourself as an expert.
If you’ve just gotten your personal brand off the ground, here are a few simple strategies that you can implement this week.
- Consistency is essential. If you want to get noticed, you need to get out there and get out there often. Whether creating a social media and content calendar, speaking at events, or scheduling interviews, the more people pick up on your brand, the better it is for you.
- Publicity and personal interactions are equally important. Getting public exposure can do wonders for your brand, but PR is not the be-all and end-all. The kind of press you get also affects how the public perceives you. Personal interactions are the other side of the coin and are just as important. People can still see you as an expert and appreciate your willingness to interact one-on-one.
- Review your website. Maintaining a solid personal website is another tactic that can positively impact your brand’s success. A website can be a powerful asset if you use it correctly. If you haven’t done so in a while, review your content, images, and calls to action. The wording and images you use and how regularly you create content can impact your site’s effectiveness. Also, if you aren’t using your site as a lead-generation tool, now’s the time to change that. Check out this blog for the basics of creating your personal branding website.
- Engage and share your stories. Social media is another tool that, when used correctly, can bring you a lot of new business. Stories are at the heart of social media and are the ideal platform for communicating with the press and your customers. Ensure you’re striking the right balance between promotional posts and stories/content your audience would find interesting. If you don’t have a content calendar, you should implement this as soon as possible. Ensure your writing style, images, and colors are consistent with your website when posting.
- Get in touch with your existing customers. Your best referrals are the happy customers you’ve dealt with. If you haven’t been in touch with them in a while, this is something you can do this week. Not only does this open you up to repeat business, but it also allows you to source new business. Many people are more than willing to provide referrals – you only have to ask.
You don’t need to spend hours on your personal brand every day. With consistency and a plan, you can take your brand to new heights in no time at all.
BE THE FIRST TO WRITE A COMMENT