Let’s talk about 3 ways helping animal shelters matters this holiday season! With so many deserving causes to support this time of year, why should we keep animal shelters and rescues in mind as we enter another holiday season?
1. ‘Tis the season for community fellowship.
- Animal shelters keep the community safe by providing shelter for stray, frightened animals.
- They help people who have found a pet in need and don’t know what to do.
- Animal welfare organizations hold educational programs in schools and at the shelter for children and adults.
- Their adoption program connects homeless animals with individuals and families looking for a pet to love and care for.
- They provide lower-cost vaccinations and Microchipping.
- They provide safety net foster services to help community members in difficult seasons to keep their pets in the long run.
As Tucson’s favorite pet photographer, I am also part of our wide animal-loving community. Helping the animal organizations in our city fits with my mission to help people and pets live their best lives together. Best of all, helping local shelters and rescues is something we can do together!
2. It’s the thought that counts.
Working and volunteering for an animal shelter, animal rescue, or any organization supporting people and pets is hard work. It is amazingly rewarding when a pet finds a loving home or a stray, timid pet grows glossy and happy. But rescue workers bust their butts daily and have to deal with sad stories. Days can go by without someone saying, “thank you for everything you do.”
By supporting animal shelters and rescues during the holidays, you’re sharing your thankfulness in a way that can bring a little joy and maybe a little ease into the lives of the pets and the people who care for them every day.
3. You get to help change the world for animals – and people who love them.
Every year, fewer and fewer animals are euthanized in animal shelters because every year, shelters and rescues get better at finding ways to prevent animals from becoming homeless in the first place.
If you’re looking for a way to make the world a little bit better year after year, giving to an organization such as friends of PACC is a fabulous way to change the world for one animal or family with a small gesture.
So pick a shelter or rescue this holiday season and show them how much their life-saving work matters to our community. If you’re unsure how to start, check back here on black Friday for a special donation drive supporting Pima Animal Care Center.